Press


Time Out New York
"Critic's Pick"
                                                   New York Times
"A well programmed night"
                                                                                                                     New York Daily News "Editor's Pick"

Apr 26, 2013

Jamming with The Flaming Lips' Drummer! No Big Deal...

Okay, guys. Sometimes I get to be a part of some seriously cool things. This is one of those times.

You may know Steve Burns as the former host of the wildly popular children's television show, Blues Clues. Not only is he an all-around nice guy, but he's a super talented musician as well. Which leads me to my next point...
The Rocktopus! photo courtesy David Bizzaro (L to R: Anthony Joseph, yours tuly, Steven Drozd, Adam Swiderski )

You may know Steven Drozd as the drummer of the wildly popular band, The Flaming Lips. Not only is Steven also an all-around nice guy, but he's a super duper talented musician as well. Which leads me to my next next point...

Steve Burns and Steven Drozd are combining their talents in a new Steve'nSteven collaboration producing a children's music album. But don't let "children's album" throw you off. These songs are layered, catchy, sophisticated, and I've been singing them ever since the first time I heard them. Which leads me to my, okay, you get it...

I got to spend an entire day physically attached to the drummer of the Flaming Lips while Steve Burns directed us as I fake-played a keyboard! All those years of piano lessons paying off. And it was AWESOME!

I also got to meet a great team of other creatives and musicians. The day flew by as we donned green screen suits, talked about Rush versus Led Zeppelin, and snacked on pizza and drinks. All in all, the perfect day.

I leave you with one of my favorite songs from the new Steve'nSteven collaboration as you peruse some photos from the day's shoot. This will go down in my mental history as one of the best days ever!







No comments: